Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Lost count of what week this is....Week 7

So I haven't blogged in a while and I think it was because I wasn't losing weight and was bummed by it. I had my first fill last Friday so I am at 5 cc's now; and I finally feel full now!! I have started to drop pounds again which is very exciting and encouraging. I have also started a food diary with an app called Calorie Count and that is really helping me make better choices. Things keep feeling stuck when I eat so I'm thinking it's because I haven't learned to chew well enough. So I have a question, what are some of your favorite meals? I need things that are easy to make when I get home from work, but are also high in protein and low calories. How many calories should I be eating as a lap band patient? I googled this but I'm getting so many different answers, I am trying to set a daily goal. I hope everyone is doing great and Happy Thanksgiving!!

9 comments:

  1. I make a lot of fish & chicken in our house for our meat aka protein with some veggies & rice, normally I just eat the meat & veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chicken breast, tuna, ground turkey (can make LOTS of things with that) - eggs with meat and low fat cheese and veggies.

    Keep blogging girl! It helps!!

    Glad you're back to losing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would calculate your Base Metabolic Rate (BMR) and also keep track of the approx. Calorie burn associated with the exercise that you are doing. If it takes burning 3500 kCals to burn a pound of fat the I would start with trying to reduce your daily food consumption by 250 kCals and burn at least 250 kCals in exercise daily. 250 (in less food) + 250 (burned in exercise) =500. Multiply this by 7days= 3500 deficit/wk - hopefully you will start to see consistent weight loss. It's not a perfect or guaranteed system but definitely a place to start while you are learning how to use the band and what your body's needs are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Check out MyFitnessPal.com it is like Calorie Count but you can set your goal loss per week. It recommends eating 1200 calories per day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy you're back!!! Yay!!! Can't give any advice on what to make just yet...but protein that i love is chicken, fish and tuna! LoL I really should up my red meat since I'm low on Vitamin B! YIKES!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah use myfitnesspal so we can be friends. I log everything I eat and all my exercise in there. It gives you a calorie range. Glad you FINALLY blogged! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Thanksgiving to you too! Sounds like you are on a roll!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're bound to get lots of different answers on this one. The truth is everyone loses differently and some need really low cals while others can up it a bit. Then it depends on how much you're exercising, etc. It's really trial and error. I'd start with an arbitrary goal like 1200 and see how it works for you and then work from there. I know that wasn't really the answer you were looking for...

    ReplyDelete
  9. MissGorgeous, lookit 'MySoulAccomplishment' first, an effusive, yummy story I wrote yeeers ago about love make’n in Heaven. And, yes, if we have the desire, anything is possible Upstairs. So believe in the Great Beyond, girl, and you SHALL be rewarded in The End --- No, you don’t gotta with me or anyone; only a physical option for those who wanna make physical love a part of their physical eternity, dear. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete